license change (all contributors please follow up)

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Tue May 25 06:39:23 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 23:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess I did this once before but I don't think everyone replied; can
> people confirm willingness to relicense their contributions under the
> BSD-type license (appended), the GNU Lesser General Public License, and
> "all future versions of the Academic Free License posted on and
> certified by opensource.org"?

Out of curiosity (I might have missed the original thread on this) why
is the three clause BSD license used instead of the two-clause or
MIT/X11 license?  Anyone getting the software can opt to use the LGPL
license and use the organizations/contributors in advertising under that
license anyhow, so I don't see the clause adding anything of value
except a bad taste in some people's mouths who don't like that third
clause.  ;-)
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.