about signals

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri May 28 15:07:56 PDT 2004

Ok, I'll look into this some more, but for now I have two questions...

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>     7. The binding should automatically implement the Introspect()
>        method for all registered objects.

This is the first time that I encounter this "introspect" thing in
relation to DBus. Does this mean that DBus does have (or will have) the
ability for auto-discovery of services/objects/interfaces/methods and
signals? Or is this about something else?

(I have talked about this before and it is my soapbox subject somewhat,
to be able to "discover" what actions are possible by just questioning
the bus for all the info, just lke you can do with dcop)

Anyway, is there some info about what this should do? I found something
in another message of yours
(http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2004-March/000839.html), but it
isn't much to go by.

>To be honest I have no idea how close the existing Python, Mono, and Qt
>bindings are to this description. ;-)

Ok and while you're being honest: are the ideas you just talked about
only your own or is there some consensus that this should be more or
less the way to go? (Being new I have no idea yet who are the great
minds behind DBus, so I have no idea who makes the decisions around
here, sorry :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako