User authentication to services

Rob Taylor robtaylor at fastmail.fm
Mon May 31 23:14:01 PDT 2004

I'm interested in implementing a solution. However its not clear to me if this proposed solution solves my problem - I need applications to be able to authorise to a service, not a service to applications. and these applications must not be forced to register as a service as there may be multiple instances. Am i understanding this correctly?

Thanks,

Rob Taylor