DBUS_GNUC_FORMAT

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Oct 2 22:58:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 20:41 +0200, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> dbus_set_error uses a printf-like format string but does not have a
> DBUS_GNUC_FORMAT in its prototype. The definition of DBUS_GNUC_*
> macros has to be moved a bit for this to work.
>
> OK to commit ?

The problem is we're putting these underscore-prefixed macros in the
public API, which has two issues, one is they are underscore-prefixed
which is a little unkosher in public API since we couldn't fix them if
the C lib decided to use those names, and two people might use these
macros.

I think maybe both issues would be addressed if we did:

 s/_DBUS_GNUC/DBUS_INTERNAL_DO_NOT_USE_GNUC/

which is klunky, but life is painful sometimes.