dbus_g_bus_get return value

Leonardo Boiko leoboiko at conectiva.com.br
Tue Oct 5 16:16:57 UTC 2004

Thank you for the help, but I understood the reason for the failure.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  My issue is not with the function
returning an error, it is with the sample tutorial code not detecting
this error.

If you check for "error != NULL", when there is no session bus, the
program will print an error message and abort.  However, it checks for
"connection == NULL", which fails because dbus_g_bus_get returned
garbage, and the program tries to use the invalid connection.
--
Leonardo Boiko