example-client.py fails

Stephen Watson swatson at ultra-pmes.com
Wed Sep 15 12:32:22 UTC 2004

I've just upgraded from dbus 0.21 to 0.22 and the python bindings have
broken.  Here's what happens when I run
dbus-0.22/python/examples/example-client.py:

buster:~/src/dbus-0.22/python/examples python example-client.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "example-client.py", line 10, in ?
    hello_reply_list = remote_object.HelloWorld("Hello from
example-client.py!")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/dbus.py", line 208, in
__call__
    reply_message = self._connection.send_with_reply_and_block(message,
5000)
  File "/home/stephen/src/dbus-0.22/python/dbus_bindings.pyx", line
562, in dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block
    m = Message(_create=0)
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

This is on Solaris 9 with Python 2.3.3 and Pyrex 0.9.

--
Stephen Watson
Physicst

Ultra Electronics, PMES
http://www.ultra-pmes.com

Reception: +44 (0)1543 878888
Fax +44 (0)1543 878249

===============EMAIL DISCLAIMER================

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee only, and is confidential and/or privileged.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited and you should notify the
sender immediately and then delete this message from your system.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software
viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While we
have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we
cannot accept liability for any damage, which you sustain as a result
of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the attachment.

Unless stated otherwise by an authorised individual, nothing contained
in this e-mail is intended to create binding legal obligations between
us and opinions expressed are those of the individual author.

We prohibit and take all reasonable steps to prevent our information
systems from being used to view, store or forward offensive material.
If this message contains such material please report it to us.

Ultra Electronics PMES has the right lawfully to record, monitor and
inspect messages between its employees and third parties. Your message
shall be subject to such lawful supervision as PMES deems to be
necessary in order to protect its information, its interests and
reputation.