[patch] Auth method for console users

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Sep 27 12:38:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

How about exposing the _dbus_user_at_console in dbus-sysdeps.h as

 dbus_bus_is_at_console (DBusConnection *connection,
                         const char *service_name,
                         DBusError *error);

much like dbus_bus_get_unix_user(). I'd like to use this in HAL to lock
down who is allowed to obtain advisory locks on devices, e.g. invoke the
Lock() method on the org.freedesktop.Hal.Device interface.

It seems I can't use the hal.conf policy file for this as I want all
users to be able to invoke other methods such as GetProperty() on that
interfaces. Perhaps the policy should be more finegrained or perhaps I'm
mistaken.

Thanks,
David