Multiple connections to the same bus from the same client

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Sep 27 22:28:25 UTC 2004

Hey Jon,

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 03:46 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> Is there any scenario in which it would make sense for a single instance
> of a application to open multiple simultaneous connections to a bus?

Make sense, I don't know, but a GNOME application that uses d-bus for
its IPC, has a BaconCdSelection widget (a simple CD device selection
widget that uses HAL) and uses the GnomeVFSVolume API (which uses HAL as
well) would have 2 connection to the d-bus via HAL and one direct one
(possibly not to the system bus though).

So, I guess that's it's possible, whether it makes sense is another
thing :)

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>