Where to start

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 13:59:17 PDT 2005

In <1111854475.15388.52.camel at localhost.localdomain>, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> Actually it is called starting services now and not activation but in
> 0.22 it is still called activation.  The dbus specification has all the
> info you need to know about activation.

Except where to install .service files. Is it actually implemented yet
anyway? In 0.22 dbus_bus_activate_service sends an "ActivateService"
method call and in 0.32 dbus_bus_start_service_by_name sends a
"StartServiceByName" method call. They don't seem to do anything else,
but the respective method names aren't referenced anywhere else in the
source, so I don't see how there can be anything to respond to them.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk