Where to start

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 10:22:09 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 15:08 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:

> Can the config file parser expand ~ and/or variables in filenames?

Not right now. If you add that you have to think about escaping and so
forth so it's a little bit complicated.

I think it might be simpler to just add a datadir_relative=yes|no option
to <servicedir> which would end up adding a search path of servicedirs
according to the xdg spec.

> There's also the issue that a user still needs root access to write the
> top-level config file if a per-user location isn't provided by default.

My point is we could add the per-user location by default for
session.conf, but it requires some implementation work.