Disconnected on every attempt to reply

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 02:08:48 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:05 +0200, P. Durante wrote:
> righty, I found out this myself tonight reversing the code :), what
> about printing the actual symbol name instead of a cryptic '16' next
> time ?

Well, I don't put a lot of energy into engineering the debug spew. The
correct failure mode would be to have the client side print a warning
(added in CVS).

Bugs don't have a habit of explaining themselves in detail, fixing the
bug is normally a better use of time... ;-)

> just two crappy lines fixed the whole thing, sorry for bothering you
> for such a stupid error,

It comes out well because now we can modify the code to print a warning
in this case, and you've saved some future programmer a lot of time.