Python Regression Tests

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 15:27:20 PDT 2005

The Python regression tests framework went into CVS yesterday.  Any
non-trival patch will now require a test case be written.  If you give
me a server and client where the client exits normally on success and
exits with a failure code (usually 1) on failure I can integrate it with
the tests myself.

Beyond that if there is something we should be testing please write up a
test case also.  I'm thinking of programs that use the bindings
extensively.  I'm doing a lot of work on the introspection, marshaling
and signal code so if you use a codepath and don't see it in the the
tests it would be good to write one up so that each release can be
reasonably guaranteed to work with your app.

Put it this way, if there is a test and it fails I won't release until I
fix the problem.  If there is no test and something doesn't work, bugs
will have to be filed and you will have to wait until I can get around
to tracking down the problem and building another release (at which
point I will ask for a test case to be built anyway ;-).

Cheers.