Signal filtering

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Fri Aug 26 02:50:40 PDT 2005

Hi there,

At this moment I'm working on a specification. For the specification I
will have use the D-BUS signal filtering features.

I was wondering what the status of this feature is. If it's implemented
and ready for use I'd like to know how I can use it. I'd also like to
know where I can find documentation or source code from which I can
learn myself how I'd have to use it.

And when making a specification (like dbus-specification.html) what
would be the preferred notation for this feature?

Like:

org.freedesktop.DBus.NameOwnerChanged
This is a signal:
            NameOwnerChanged (STRING name, STRING old_owner, STRING new_owner)

Perhaps are other applications using this already?

Many questions about the feature, I hope somebody can help me :-).

Thanks

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be