NULL Variants?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 10:43:42 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:55 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:

> I could be really daft, but I don't see the reasoning of why having
> Variant NULLs is evil, or inappropriate.
>
> If this really is missing, and there's no replacement, then I'd like to
> implement it (even though I have no experience hacking DBUS).
>
> Havoc, John, Colin, any reasons this change wouldn't be accepted? Sorry
> for all the CC's, just interested in a semi-definitive answer.

I roughly agree with Colin's reply; but then, I've been kicking and
screaming all the way from "we just have a fixed set of simple types" to
today's recursive type system...

I don't want to be blocking something everyone else thinks is a good
idea but I do think it might be better to just punt this issue,
especially for 1.0.