Documentation - What is left to do

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 07:40:41 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 10:25 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for running this docs day and to everyone who helped.
>
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 19:12 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > That is all folks.  I think we are good if some people want to take a
> > leading role in this.  After that all that is needed is to bust some
> > major bugs and sign off on the current ABI/API and we can declare 1.0.
>
> How many of the major dbus users have been running the current version?
> It sounded like Debian hasn't quite landed it yet, and the embedded-type
> users I expect haven't. After so much time already, rushing the 1.0
> *too* much probably isn't worth it, may as well be sure a fair number of
> people have ported to the new stuff and it works for them.

Yep, but I sort of want to get people in the mindset.  If we don't then
it could become a big chicken and the egg problem with people not
wanting to port until we declare the current ABI stable.  We should kick
the Debian people into high gear here.  If you want to see a stable
D-Bus you need to use it and report back. Blah, hopefully there will be
a day when we can stop caring about D-Bus and let it just be.