[patch] generate marshallers and metadata from dbus-glib-tool

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Sat Feb 12 12:58:31 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 14:52 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>I guess it's more complicated than that. We want one function to
>retrieve standard marshallers. If a standard marshaller isn't retrieved,
>we can generate a marshaller on the fly and that code will be specific
>to the "server side" (won't be done for proxies)

It seems to me, after looking at this a bit, that the same dbus message
signature should map to a different marshaller for method calls versus
signal callbacks, because method calls should (by default) return a
boolean and take a GError as a final parameter, which are not
represented in the message signature.  Additionally, method calls can
have OUT parameters.

So I'm not sure that much more code can be shared between the two cases.
Or am I missing something?