problems understanding the output of dbus-monitor (security policy)

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 08:32:43 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 16:28 +0100, Ikke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My guess is that you and Ikke are seeing the same thing, which is that a
> > message with no reply expected (perhaps a signal) is somehow triggering
> > an UnknownMethod error. Because no reply is expected, the error is not
> > allowed to go back through the bus.
> Why am I not able to see the emitted signal on the bus then?

Try printing the error string from the UnknownMethod, it will say which
method it's complaining about. You may have to modify dbus to output the
error string when logging a message it denied, since you never get that
error back. Or turn on <allow send_requested_reply="false"/>