Proposal and RFC: DAL, the Desktop Abstraction Layer

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc@blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 07:50:50 PST 2005

> I did some work on autogenerating code before, this was in PHP though
> (generate php class files from LDAP ObjectClasses by querying the LDAP
> server). Don't know too much about generating C code, only had a quick
> look on GOB a week ago or so.
> One question here: if GOB and GObjects are used, what are the
> consequences regarding Qt/KDE? The whole thing should stay
> desktop/toolkit neutral...

It depends - Gnome will obviously want to ultimately integrate it into
their GObjects and KDE likewise with their own objects so desktop
neutrality will end here (we have to draw a line somewhere).

jamie.