renaming stuff patch

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 20:39:35 PST 2005

Hi,

Before I finish changing the spec and all the code, here is my proposal
for how to rename things (attached in the form of a spec/header diff)

"service" remains in a couple places but refers to the launched process,
not its name.

The name in the name<->connection table maintained by the bus is called
simply "name" most of the time, or "bus name" when it needs to be
disambiguated from other kinds of name.

"activation" is called "starting"

Some specifics are:

ActivateService -> StartServiceByName
AcquireService -> RequestName
ServiceOwnerChanged -> NameOwnerChanged
AUTO_ACTIVATION -> AUTO_START

I also suggest changing the .service files to list multiple names, right
now they are:
Name=org.freedesktop.TextEditor

I suggest changing to:
Names=org.freedesktop.TextEditor;org.gnome.GEdit;

Because the .service file is now supposed to describe a service (the
executable) not a service (the name).

I'll finish this and commit pretty soon I think.