renaming stuff patch

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 12:43:54 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 20:16 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:39:35 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > "activation" is called "starting"
>
> So what happens if you start a name (hmm sounds a bit awkward ...) that is
> already started? It retains activation semantics, right?

Ah, you don't start a name, you start a service by name.

It all still works the same way, but now "service" is the process that's
started and "name" is the thing you own, rather than "service" being
both. Most occurrences of "service" in the docs/API were the name, and
most people thought "service" meant the process that was launched, thus
the confusion.

Anyway, I committed the changes... we'll see if it reduces confusion or
not ;-)