Proposal and RFC: DAL, the Desktop Abstraction Layer

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc@blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 14:52:03 PST 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

> I think the confusion arises because a DBUS name activates a *service*
> not an *object*.

So perhaps the question I should have asked Havoc is "should Dbus
activation return an object then?"

We already have multiple services (each of which can contain multiple
objects and mutliple interfaces) for an app so would returning an object
simplify things?

(I would envision it then as one object per service name. Only apps
having multiple objects would then have multiple services.)

Is there a case where not returning an object is more advantageous?

jamie.