recursive types work

Joe Shaw joeshaw@novell.com
Mon Jan 24 13:56:36 PST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 02:47 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Note the "if (array is not empty)" - that's because the iterator is over
> values and not types, so recursing into an empty array isn't possible
> (there's nowhere for the iterator to "point"). At least, I got confused
> trying to figure out how to allow recursing into empty arrays.

Does this mean that empty arrays should be disallowed by the bindings?
I expected dbus_message_iter_recurse() to have a return value similar to
dbus_message_iter_init(), but instead it doesn't have any return value.
But you can still recurse into the empty array, and this trips an
assertion.  Is this is a bug?

Joe