Ok for a 0.24 release?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jan 31 12:30:16 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 15:26 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Are there other reasons to bump the soname?

Actually I thought that certain package managers would refuse
an upgrade of dbus if some existing package, like hal, depends
on libdbus.so.0 and there is no upgraded hal package available.

I could be wrong though.

> I'm also kind of worried about having a soname of 100 by the time we get
> to 1.0

Sure, but that sounds like a cosmetic issue, doesn't it? I mean,
who cares about what the number really is?

Thanks,
David