dbus_g_pending_call and proxies

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Fri Jul 1 07:43:39 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 23:16 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> What you're saying makes sense to me. Maybe it would be better to have
> pending_call_get_proxy() rather than another callback arg? I'm not
> sure.

Personally I'd say the proxy should be an argument, as it's always going
to be needed.  No point in doing an async call unless you are getting
return values, so removing the need for a procedure call will make the
callback functions cleaner.

This would also reduce the size of the DBusGAsyncData struct which is
currently used in the generated async bindings (why are you using
begin/end call directly Colin, when there are lovely generated async
bindings?).

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com