patch for command line arguments in activation

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 13:33:33 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:34 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> ok, did some changes, and previous error seems to have disappear. But
> still some problems :( (in the test program, in gnome-session things
> work smoothly still):
>
> 30331: assertion failed "(real)->len <= ((real)->allocated -
> _DBUS_STRING_ALLOCATION_PADDING)" file "dbus-string.c" line 1276
> function _dbus_string_append_byte
> Aborted
>
> Looking at the code, I can't find the reason why that would happen. The
> caller for that is in _dbus_shell.c:277. Any idea?

That was because you were not checking if _dbus_string_init failed and
were appending after it had failed.

Attached is a cleanup of your patch which passes make check.  The first
patch applies to CVS, the second is a diff from a version with your
patches applies so you can see where the changes were needed.

Two things I need for you to do before I can commit.  First the
unquoting stuff can error out on more than just OOM.  You need to
propagate GErrors since this is the case.

Second, your test case doesn't seemed to be run on make check.  I'm not
sure how this is done so you need to figure it out.  Also in the test
case I would like you to add input that will fail and check to make sure
it fails correctly (i.e. if a quote is unterminated check to make sure
you get an unterminated quote error).