patch for command line arguments in activation

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Wed Jul 6 07:16:23 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 16:33 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:34 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > ok, did some changes, and previous error seems to have disappear. But
> > still some problems :( (in the test program, in gnome-session things
> > work smoothly still):
> >
> > 30331: assertion failed "(real)->len <= ((real)->allocated -
> > _DBUS_STRING_ALLOCATION_PADDING)" file "dbus-string.c" line 1276
> > function _dbus_string_append_byte
> > Aborted
> >
> > Looking at the code, I can't find the reason why that would happen. The
> > caller for that is in _dbus_shell.c:277. Any idea?
>
> That was because you were not checking if _dbus_string_init failed and
> were appending after it had failed.
>
> Attached is a cleanup of your patch which passes make check.  The first
> patch applies to CVS, the second is a diff from a version with your
> patches applies so you can see where the changes were needed.
>
> Two things I need for you to do before I can commit.  First the
> unquoting stuff can error out on more than just OOM.  You need to
> propagate GErrors since this is the case.

ok, did that, and with your changes, the test program runs correctly,
woohooo!!! See attached patch. If you like it, commit it yourself, since
I don't have a CVS account.

> Second, your test case doesn't seemed to be run on make check.  I'm not
> sure how this is done so you need to figure it out.  Also in the test
> case I would like you to add input that will fail and check to make sure
> it fails correctly (i.e. if a quote is unterminated check to make sure
> you get an unterminated quote error).

hmm, it's already added to DBUS_BUILD_TESTS block, I guess someone added
it. Anything else missing? (apart from the test-service-with-arguments
thing, which I'll send in a separate patch, ok?)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>