[DBUS]dbus_bus_start_service_by_name problem

Claudio Takahasi cktakahasi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:26:24 EST 2005

Hi folks,

Is it possible/allowed start a daemon/app using
system bus or it is restricted to session bus?

I executed a test connected on the session bus and
my app was started normally. However, when
I changed my code to connect to the system bus
my app is not initialized.
The dbus_bus_start_service_by_name result is 0
and the message error displayed is "exited
with status 1"

The ".service" file is located in the directory
/usr/share/dbus-1/services. Both configuration
files(session.conf and system.conf) contains a
reference to the servicedir
"<servicedir>/usr/share/dbus-1/services</servicedir>"

D-Bus version: dbus-0.34
SO: Debian Linux 2.6.10-1-686

Thanks,
Claudio.