Details vs Match On Args

Kimmo.Hamalainen at nokia.com Kimmo.Hamalainen at nokia.com
Fri Jul 8 20:28:38 EST 2005

In Anders' patch, the daemon sets the detail argument's value for
ServiceOwnerChanged signals. I think this also allows using wildcards
normally when adding match for the signals, since the argument is handled
as any other argument in the match.

I think for other (ordinary, client-made) signals, the detail argument would
normally simply be missing, unless clients decide to use it for something.

The detail argument is only needed for the ServiceOwnerChanged signal,
because services can use naming schemes for filtering client-made signals.
(E.g. using different object path for each signal and using that in the
match.)

BR, Kimmo