Message cache size

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jul 28 04:22:07 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 19:13 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:51 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > You're probably right, especially since for large messages the overhead
> > of creating them at all will vastly exceed the overhead saved by the
> > message cache (most likely, I haven't profiled or anything)
>
> Without any profiling or demonstrations, shall I commit a change
> reducing the max size to 10KB?

Maybe we should not have a cache at all by default, but provide an API
like dbus_message_suggest_cache (message) so that for example
applications which frequently create messages of the same size can
benefit?

Also, someone should add __attribute__((destructor)) or whatever it is
to dbus_message_cache_shutdown so it doesn't show up in valgrind :)