Send empty string lists with python

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Thu Jul 28 06:38:40 EST 2005

On Wed, 27.07.05 13:33, John (J5) Palmieri (johnp at redhat.com) wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:30 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > If I try to call a remote DBUS method with an empty string array as
> > argument with python-dbus I always get an IndexError on the client
> > side:
> >
> >   File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 878, in dbus_bindings.MessageIter.append
> >   File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 1033, in dbus_bindings.MessageIter.append_array
> > IndexError: list index out of range
> >
> > If the string list is not empty everything works fine. How can I fix this?
>
> It is a bug in the bindings.  I need to take a look at it.  Can you file
> a bug report in bugzilla.  Thanks.

Does this mean that passing empty arrays from python will work only
when the server side provides introspection information?

I cannot say I like this as my server currently does not provide this
info.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/