A few begninner's questions

Søren Hansen sh at warma.dk
Wed Jun 1 02:51:00 PDT 2005

ons, 01 06 2005 kl. 11:34 +0300, skrev Kalle Vahlman:
> > signal interface=org.gnome.evolution.mail.dbus.Signal;
> > member=MessageReading; sender=:1.31
> > string:INBOX
> >
> > Now, my first question is this: The sender of ":1.31"... Is that the
> > expected format of a sender field?
> Yes, that is an unique identifier for an app connecting to the bus.
> You don't need to know or care about that, though.

Well, you see, that's the problem, actually.

> What's your next question ?-)

The Python bindings need to be changed. When I use add_signal_receiver,
I have to specify the sender. Yes, I know I can just set it to None, but
then it wont match in _signal_func.. When _signal_func receives a
signal, it generates a string from it:
"type='signal',interface='com.something.interface',sender=':1.31',path='blah..."

It then uses that string to find a matching function in a dictionary.
And of course there is no such string, because when I set up my
listener, I don't know the sender. For all I know, the sender doesn't
even exist yet.

I've only just started learning python a this Monday, so I'm not the one
who should be refactoring this stuff. :-)

--
Søren Hansen <sh at warma.dk>