ServiceOwnerChanged wakes up everybody?

Anders Carlsson andersca at imendio.com
Thu Jun 9 13:27:48 PDT 2005

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 15:56 +0200, Anders Carlsson wrote:
>

>>Yeah, I did consider that at first but it would add a lot of extra
>>complexity to the bus (as well as probably slow it down somewhat), and
>>I'm not sure it would gain that much.
>>

>Can you spell out what the extra complexity/slowdown would be? I'm
>probably being dense but I would imagine the implementation looking
>about the same as the one for the detail.
>
>Havoc

Wouldn't you have to do a linear search inside each message? If I
specify arg7='3.14159', wouldn't that mean that all messages would have
to be searched to see if they had 7 arguments, then checking the message
type (which you'd also have to specify in the match somehow) and finally
comparing the message to see if it matches, taking into account the byte
order.

Also, I imagine that the matching rule syntax could potentially get
pretty hairy (with the recursive type system), unless you only want to
match on toplevel arguments.

I think that adding a detail field is simple enough...

Anders