[patch] don't break ABI in upcoming 0.34 release

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jun 15 07:29:34 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 10:15 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Surely upgrading to this version without restarting the message bus will
> break things too. All new processes use the new libdbus which uses a
> different protocol than the currently running system bus.

Yea, the question is really what kind of pain you want. Here's a few
data points

 a. Most apps using D-BUS is already started when you're running a
    desktop session

 b. Most apps don't handle restarting of the bus (however all vendors
    that I know of do restart the bus in e.g. %post

So either way we're going to lose.

    David