Using glib-bindings to bind everyone else

Daniel B. Faken faken at cascv.brown.edu
Tue Jun 21 12:19:32 PDT 2005

("one lib to bring them all and in the darkness bind them")

This isn't really a specific DBus question, but it applies to developing
bindings:
  If GLib provides a "generic" object model in C, and is already bound in
other languages (as I understand: Python, Mono/C#, Java, probably more),
why write new bindings for those languages?
  That is, why not just go through glib?

  I'm not saying this is the best thing to do..  I'm just trying to
understand why it might NOT be :).

thanks,
Daniel Faken