Autosave D-BUS message?

Carmine F. Greco cgreco at cisco.com
Mon Jun 27 12:51:08 PDT 2005

I had a thought after my Linux laptop locked up yesterday while trying
to suspend.  What do people think about an autosave D-BUS message that
applications would listen for and upon receiving automatically save the
currently open files?  I would love to add the generation of such a
message to the script that I use for suspending my laptop.  I know I
should figure out the real problem with suspend but it works 80% of the
time, and I've already gotten in the habit of saving all my files
manually before running the suspend script.

Thoughts?

Carmine