dbus 0.23.3

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Thu Mar 10 08:59:59 PST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 09:26 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Was the memory leak also in HEAD and now that you patched the mono
> bindings should I do a point release of 0.31?

Yes, the leaks were also in HEAD and I fixed them there as well.  The
only thing I wasn't sure about is whether strings extracted from
dbus_message_iter_get_basic() need to be freed.  My brief investigation
seemed to imply that they didn't.

Anyway, a new release would probably be a good idea sooner or later, but
I wouldn't do a point release.  It seems people have expectations of
compatibility there, and I know that Colin has checked in additional
work on the glib bindings. :)

Joe