dbus-viewer state

Ryan Gammon rgammon at real.com
Fri Mar 11 19:02:00 PST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm playing around with a dbus and the glib bindings from dbus cvs.
test-dbus-glib runs successfully, which is pretty cool.

I'm having some trouble with dbus-viewer -- is this tool currently
working? It gives me:

Unable to load "org.freedesktop.DBus": D-BUS error
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidSignature: Corrupt type signature

Digging into the code a bit, I see that where things are breaking down
is in parsing:

  <interface name="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable">
    <method name="Introspect">
      <arg name="data" direction="out" type="string"/>
    </method>
  </interface>

In particular, type="string"...

"string" is getting passed down into dbus_signature_validate, which I
believe may be looking for something more like "s" (type code?) instead.

Just curious if this is something on the todo list, or if I've got
something wrong on my side...

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon at real.com