asynchronous calls in python

Haran Shivanan shivanan at shire.symonds.net
Mon Mar 21 09:01:05 PST 2005

Is there any easy way to get non-blocking remote calls in Python? The
existing bindings seem to only support send_with_reply_and_block.

I wrote my own RemoteObject\RemoteMethod classes to use send_with_reply
and it works fine, but I don't know what to do with the PendingCall
object that gets returned.
The C API seems to support set_notify functions that call a method when
the reply gets some data but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to
make this work in Python.

Is this just that the bindings for Python are not complete (In which
case, maybe I can work on a patch to add this functionality?) or is
there some easy way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Haran
--
Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life:
longing for love, search for knowledge and an unbearable lust