dbus-0.23 and gnome-session

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 18:44:02 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 21:16, Richard Plana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install dbus-0.23.4 on an FC3 system. Whenever I do, my
> Gnome session won't start. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what
> kind of dependency breakage is happening here. Which subsystem needs a
> recompile or even an update.

I wouldn't recommend moving to the 0.23 release of D-Bus on Fedora Core
3.  Mainly because there is API breakage and applications that rely on
it will fail.  Gnome-session is most likely failing to load because one
of the applications that relies on D-Bus and is loaded by gnome-session
is segfaulting.

--
J5