dbus-viewer needs really new gtk2?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Mon Mar 28 14:50:35 PST 2005

I'm getting a compiler error for the dbsu-viewer in the tools folder:

dbus-viewer.o(.text+0x713): In function `name_combo_changed_callback':
/home/tako/projects/dbus/dbus/tools/dbus-viewer.c:383: undefined
reference to `gtk_combo_box_get_active_text'

Googling around I find a reference that this function only exists in
gtk2 2.6 and higher, my gtk2 is 2.4 so I guess this is standard on FC3.
Is it possible to rewrite this viewer to not use this function? I know
this is all cutting edge technology but I'd rather not upgrade my entire
system just to compile a dbus tool :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako