Where to start

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 12:39:35 PST 2005

In <1112235693.5002.7.camel at localhost.localdomain>, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 23:09 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > The problem is that on sending a signal message the dbus connection gets
> > destroyed
>
> Possibly because you have an invalid signal, object, or interface name;
> in latest versions this will print a warning instead of letting it get
> to the bus (where the bus will say "bad protocol" and drop you)

Oh, do I have to create/register an object and interface (and signal
name?) before referring to them in a message? I'll look into that.

> >  and the main application doesn't get the signal (at least it
> > doesn't get as far as the glib/GObject signal handler).
>
> The glib signal stuff was probably pretty hosed in 0.22 also, though.
> Not sure I'd try to use the glib bindings in that version other than for
> main loop integration.

So if the signals still don't work after I've fixed the first problem, I
should replace my call to gtk_main with a loop containing
gtk_main_iteration and check for dbus messages in the loop?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk