glib recursive values patch

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Tue May 3 02:42:31 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 16:32 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Since I've been moving pretty slowly on the glib recursive types patch,
> I thought I'd post a snapshot of my current work to show the direction
> I'm taking and such and allow other people to help.  I apologize for
> this patch being so large; it does include some changes to dbus/ and
> tools/ which I'd like review of.
>
> The state of things right now is that variants and arrays (of basic
> values) seem to work well.  I wrote a lot of code for structures but
> haven't tested it yet :)

I'll be needing this work for a project I am currently working on, so I
applied the patch and gave it a whirl to check it didn't break any of
the basic handling.

** ERROR **: Call to get failed: Reply argument was "s", expected "o"

I guess that somewhere DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH is being converted to a
G_TYPE_STRING, but on return the proxy code doesn't know that it should
convert a G_TYPE_STRING to a OBJECT_PATH.

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./