glib bindings and memory management

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed May 4 12:21:27 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 13:04 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Maybe a general goal is consistency with the gtk introspection stuff,
> i.e. if a given IDL would map to a given C function in the new
> introspection stuff, it should be the same in the dbus case?

I'm a bit confused how this relates to the memory management issue.  Can
you elaborate?  Are you saying that e.g. we could use introspection to
find destructors for return value parameters for server-side method
invocation?  That would probably makes sense, but it still leaves us
with the problem of client-side return values.