[DBUS]Append byte as array

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri May 13 13:47:02 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:37 -0300, Claudio Takahasi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the function dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array is not available in
> DBUS version
> 0.33. What is the function that replace it?
>
> I am not sure, but I think that dbus_message_iter_append_fixed_array can be used
> for replace it.

That's correct, however the function is broken in 0.33; it is fixed in
CVS HEAD.

> Can anyone send me a code sample of how append and get a byte array?

There's one in the patch to the GLib bindings I sent to the list
Wednesday.  Here's the code snippet:

  if (!dbus_message_iter_open_container (iter,
					 DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY,
					 subsignature_str,
					 &subiter))
    goto out;

  /* TODO - This assumes that basic values are the same size
   * is this always true?  If it is we can probably avoid
   * a lot of the overhead in _marshal_basic_instance...
   */
  if (!dbus_message_iter_append_fixed_array (&subiter,
					     subsignature_str[0],
					     &(array->data),
					     array->len))
    goto out;

  if (!dbus_message_iter_close_container (iter, &subiter))
    goto out;