[DBUS] Observer pattern design

Claudio Takahasi cktakahasi at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:06:32 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

What is the correct design for a observer* pattern application using D-BUS?

Suppose a wireless connection manager, when the signal is weak or
the link is down, the connection manager must notify all connected clients.
Implement the other side(clients requiresting  services) is trivial. There
are a lot of sample addressing this context. However, for a observer
pattern I was not able to figure out how implement it. I think use polling
is NOT a interesting approach.

What are the possible implementations for this kind of D-BUS application?

Thanks in advance,
Claudio.

*Observer:
Define a one-to-many dependency between objects so that when one object
changes state, all its dependents are notified and updated automatically.