Fighting the glib bindings

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Tue Nov 1 10:54:34 PST 2005

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> I would think having something more generic than just for replys.  What
> I envisioned was being able to get an iterator for any type of message
> and append from there.  I'm not sure.  Havoc, can you get Colin to sit
> down for a few minutes and give his opinion on this?

ah, I only just saw this reply, ignore the question in my previous mail ;)

Hmmm,I think you have a point, a very simple API that's orthogonal to
the current one would be nice. Maybe enabled with an <annotate> in the xml?

How about an <annotate name="org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.LowLevel" /> that
causes methods to have the signature:

gboolean method (Object *obj, DBusGMethodInvocation *context)

and add a function:

DBusMessage *
dbus_g_method_get_message (DBusGMethodInvocation *context)
{
    return dbus_g_message_get_message (context->message);
}

to <dbus/dbus-glib-lowlevel.h> ?

Thanks,
Rob Taylor