Cross compiling for ARM

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 10:48:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 19:22 +0100, Frederic Danis wrote:
> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 18:26 +0100, Frederic Danis wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I am trying to cross compile DBus 0.32 for ARM target (using X86 Ubuntu)
> >>but this failed when "make" try to build glib/examples (and try to use
> >>just compiled dbus-binding-tool in ARM version).
> >>Did somebody got an idea how I can cross compile DBus ?
> >>

> >You are not going to be able to with the glib bindings enabled.  I think
> >we need to turn off the introspection stuff in the build and just supply
> >generated introspection data.  You can compile the base libs with
> >--disable-glib.
> >

> Thanks for your answer, I agree with you that I can use generated
> introspection data.
> But did you got an idea of how to compile DBus with GLib support but
> without introspection stuff ?

What I was saying is you can't right now.  It is something we need to
fix by not running the server during build time and instead generating
that data at packaging time or something like that.  It will require a
patch.  It is most likely an easy patch.  We might want to just shut off
that functionality because I don't think anyone uses the generated bus
bindings.

I don't think anyone is actively maintaining the glib bindings right now
so it might be awhile until we see that patch if someone doesn't pick it
up and run with it though.