Async DBusMessage reads using the C API

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Mon Nov 14 04:54:16 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> Thanks for the patch.  Can you send it in unified diff format.  It will
> also need a test case for both the dispatch and non dispatching methods.
> Though your example might be good enough for this it needs to be added
> as part of the diff and setup to run on make check.

OK, attached is the current diff. I'm having some problems getting the
regression tests to run though. Firstly, make check doesn't start a
temporary bus to talk over, I'm not sure how to add in
tools/run-with-tmp-session-bus.sh.

Secondly, if you run 'DBUS_TOP_BUILDDIR=.
tools/run-with-tmp-session-bus.sh make check' the services aren't
activated, despite having service files in the correct place, and
dbus-monitor doesn't show any activity on the bus.

Finally, when the function was completing before I checked for replies
from the services the memleaks check reported 37 blocks unfreed, I can't
see where though.

Any help is appreciated. I think all the patches to the .am and .in
files are correct, but I don't really know automake/conf so they may not
be.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson