using dbus for higher-volume messages?

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sun Nov 27 08:11:54 PST 2005

Hi,

Been thinking a while about some kind of local IO mechanism for d-bus
that doesn't need to copy all the data around all the time, for
high-volume applications like scanning. Now, maybe d-bus isn't the right
tool for that kind of job, but it was more of a thought-experiment to
see if it's at all possible.

What I've come up with is visible at
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dbus_zerocopy

If anyone thinks this is worth it at all I may take a closer look at the
d-bus sources. But feel free to shoot me down with "This isn't want
d-bus is intended for" :)

johannes