Request name question

Andre Magalhaes andrunko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 14:15:33 PST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

On 11/26/05, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 09:52 -0300, Andre Magalhaes wrote:
> > So (in our current impl) when the daemon wants to communicate with
> > client1 it should use the services org.maemo.Tapioca.Client.c1 and
> > org.maemo.Tapioca.Client.c2
>
> I'm curious why you are doing that instead of just using the unique name
> the bus already assigns to each client?
I didn´t know about this :). What is the name the bus assigns for the
clients? Is it unique for each client. If so how can i know what is
this name when i want to send a message to the client (the service
name used to send a message). If not (the service name is the same for
all clients) we can just change the path to send a message.

> >  and to communicate with client2 the
> > service org.maemo.Tapioca.Client.c3 and so on. We would like to have
> > something like a fixed service for all clients (eg.:
> > org.maemo.Tapioca.Client) and change just the object path. This works
> > very well with one client, but does not work with different clients.
> >
> > Don't know if i explained well, but this is basically what we need/want.
>
> Can you explain at a bit higher level? For example when you have
> multiple clients, how are they different; when do clients start and
> stop; what do the clients do; etc.
Each client subscribes to the daemon and when the daemon receives a
message specific to that client it sends it directly to the correct
client. eg.: when the daemon receives a call for a specific client, it
just sends the incoming call message to this client. When the client
doesn´t want to receive more messages, it sends a unsubscribe message
to the daemon. I am sure this is not the best way to do it, but we
tried a lot of different configurations and this was one that works
;).

BR,
Andrunko